Friday, January 3, 2014

“The best things in life are free, but you can give them to the birds and bees....”

Words are free it seems, but thoughts are not (a penny for your thought?). Maybe making a list would help to sort out the necessities from luxuries...I have been burdened with the thought of finances lately (even though I stay at home with my folks, so no need to pay rent, most of what I earn I hoard selfishly or spend thoughtlessly!!)....The reason for concern in recent times, can be attributed to my impending nuptials, which would involve paying rent and taking care of the day to day expenses, and what not!!! Therefore my lovingly hoarded hard earned savings would take some serious dent , which doesn't make me too happy...So, lets get back to the list...
first of all,
Love (but isn't that the reason for depletion of resources as well?)
Good times with friends( that too involves a lot of material needs but can be managed, like those good old times in college or in the hostel)
I wanted to include water and air, but water isn't free anymore, and air conditioning isn't free as well..so what else, gosh! Have I run out of things that are free already? Was thinking of listening to music but that requires a nice player, dear me! The end of the list so soon....
Hmm, in a world like the one we live in, money may not buy happiness but can make you happy nevertheless...is that bad? Why should one care for such high and mighty self righteous crap? If a person is driven by ambition and greed, what's the problem with that? The need for more is such a rush at times, more clothes, more jewelry, more of everything...When is enough, really enough? Never, actually, its like a box of chocolates, the more you have the more you want...I am totally a slave to greed and I lust for all things shiny and bright. As long as I make it, meet most if not all of my needs, why should I care, why should anyone care? One can be blissfully selfish and unaware of the rest of the world....but that doesn't work, does it? Basically that has been the major issue, we care, no matter what...money is good if I have someone to share it with....We are not happy with the cake and the bakery, we need to have it, with some one you see....

Get a good job with more pay and your O.K.
Money it's a gas
Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash
New car, caviar, four star daydream,
Think I'll buy me a football team
Money get back....
I'm all right Jack keep your hands off my stack.
Money it's a hit
Don't give me that do goody good bullshit
I'm in the hi-fidelity first class traveling set
And I think I need a Lear jet”

-Pink Floyd











No comments:

Post a Comment